httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Purmonen, Joni (Academy)" <Joni.Purmo...@capita.co.uk>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Case Sensitivity
Date Wed, 04 Jun 2003 16:13:20 GMT
there's an entry in the docs, just read about it:

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/misc/FAQ-H.html#rewrite-nocase

Cheers,

joni

-----Original Message-----
From: Richard Crawford [mailto:rcrawford@unexmail.ucdavis.edu]
Sent: 04 June 2003 16:49
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] Case Sensitivity

We're in the process of upgrading our website from Windows/IIS to
Solaris/Apache.  While the new solution is, on the whole, far superior to
the old one, one of the problems we're running into frequently is the issue
of case-sensitive filenames.  We have a directory, for example, called
"Library" (with a capital L), but half our files refer to it as "library"
and the other half refer to it as "Library" (and this is just one example
-- there are dozens).  The decision was made to leave directory names as
they are, which means we're going to have to go into hundreds of individual
files and change them.

My question is, is there a hack I can make in Apache to make it case
insensitive, so that this is no longer an issue?

service.

the system manager.