httpd-users mailing list archives

From Forrest Aldrich <for...@forrie.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] VirtualHost _default_:* not working?
Date Tue, 03 Jun 2003 21:09:48 GMT
Follow-up to my own posting.  I noted that I can go to:

http://our.hostedsite.com/

and get the default page that points to my own site (as mentioned)

OR

http://our.hostedsite.com/anything.html

and get the proper 404 page specified for
/usr/local/apache/htdocs/default/index.php.

So I guess I'm not understanding how to catch that invalid (no longer
hosted) URL.   I want to avoid having to keep stale VirtualHost entries
just to satisfy the requirement if possible.

Forrest