httpd-users mailing list archives

From Dale's Stuff <st...@colony.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Mass Virtual Hosting Q's
Date Wed, 18 Jun 2003 18:33:23 GMT
And note that I took the time to provide you with an answer to one of
your questions along with information about your other.

On Tuesday, June 17, 2003, at 02:42 PM, Roger B.A. Klorese wrote:

>> Sure,
>>
>> I use an open source app called Cronolog - http://cronolog.org/ to
>> create separate log files. It also handles the name lookups
>> so you can
>> turn that off in apache.
>>
>> If you run multiple instances of apache you should be able to use
>> Webmin to manage those(but then you are already on the webmin list
>> anyway so you know that).
>
> Note that I asked about MASS VIRTUAL HOSTING specifically.  These are
> of
> course possible with explicitly defined virtual hosts, or with separate
> instances.  I asked about mass virtual hosting.

And your definition of 'mass virtual hosting' vs. 'explicitly defined
virtual hosts'?  And are you saying you can't host massive numbers of
virtual hosts with multiple instances of apache?

Still the same old Roger I see.