httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Victor B. Gonzalez" <apacheusergr...@vbgunz.com>
Subject [users@httpd] How to link to .bat files, clicking them, immediately executing them?
Date Tue, 03 Jun 2003 16:35:13 GMT
Hello Apache,

  I've managed to create over 40 .bat files which manipulate Apache,
  MySQL and varying applications and I would like to execute them
  direct from a webpage...

  I made enough .bat files to create for myself a very small interface
  which should help out in manipulating the server basics. In theory I
  would like to remotely administer my servers using these .bat files.

  In practice, I've created a small webpage with system paths (not URLs)
  to my .bat files but clicking the links doesn't do anything...

  This is what the link looks like while creating it

  And this is what the properties look like on the webpage...
  file:///C:/Apache/Core_Shut_Down.bat

  Clicking the link on my machine or on a machine from my LAN doesn't
  do anything *but* I can choose to save the target and successfully
  save it *but* this option does me no good...

  Any gurus know how to execute the file on my machine?

  I feel I got most of the small stuff out of the way with these .bat
  files, starting, stopping, restarting, shutting down, etc... and it
  should give me more time to focus on touching the keyboard for the
  configuration...

  I would just like to clarify what I am working on.

  Create a webpage with system links to .bat files on the server.
  Clicking on these links will execute the .bat files on the server.
  It should not prompt a download box or do nothing. This is to help
  me remotely administer my server while I am out on the road.

  Anybody have any insight or ideas about how to make this happen?

  Thank you very much for your time

--
Best regards,
 Victor B. Gonzalez

apache_2.0.46-win32-x86-no_src
Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 1