httpd-users mailing list archives

From Alastair Roy <Alastair....@Express.co.uk>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Installation Problems
Date Mon, 23 Jun 2003 08:17:12 GMT
Hi Tim thanks for all your help so far I thought I had it done this morning,
but found more problems, on Friday I left make running thinking that Monday
morning it would be ready to go, but someone rebooted the server so I am not
sure if make finished, althou I am pretty sure it did, so this morning I ran
make install which finished successfully, then naturally I tried to run

 ./apachectl start
but I get this error

ld.so.1: /usr/local/apache46/bin/httpd: fatal: libgcc_s.so.1: open failed:
No such file or directory
Killed

more bald patches :-) any ideas ?

-----Original Message-----
From: Tim Wort [mailto:tim@pobox.com]
Sent: 20 June 2003 15:15
To: 'users@httpd.apache.org'
Subject: RE: [users@httpd] Installation Problems

On Fri, 20 Jun 2003, Alastair Roy wrote:

> Yeah I have selected the self compile route so.....
>
> Here is the output from
>
> gcc -v
> Reading specs from /usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/sparc-sun-solaris2.8/3.0.3/specs
> Configured with: ../configure --with-as=/usr/local/bin/as

See the line above? it expects to use the "as" utility in /usr/local/bin

Make sure you have the "as" utility in /usr/local/bin, if you do then
remove /usr/ccs/bin from your PATH or add /usr/local/bin ahead of
/usr/ccs/bin

If you do not find "as" in /usr/local/bin install the binutils package.
I think its on Sunfreeware.

Try again... :^)

> --with-ld=/usr/local/bin/ld --enable-libgcj
> Thread model: posix
> gcc version 3.0.3
>
> Here are the error messages after I have run ./configure
> and try to run
>
> make
>
> Making all in srclib
> Making all in apr
> Making all in strings
> /bin/bash /usr2/public/apache/httpd-2.0.46/srclib/apr/libtool --silent
> --mode=compile gcc -g -O2 -pthreads   -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DSOLARIS2=8
> -D_POSIX_PTHREAD_SEMANTICS -D_REENTRANT   -I../include
> -I../include/arch/unix  -c apr_cpystrn.c && touch apr_cpystrn.lo
> /bin/bash /usr2/public/apache/httpd-2.0.46/srclib/apr/libtool --silent
> --mode=compile gcc -g -O2 -pthreads   -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DSOLARIS2=8
> -D_POSIX_PTHREAD_SEMANTICS -D_REENTRANT   -I../include
> -I../include/arch/unix  -c apr_snprintf.c && touch apr_snprintf.lo
> /usr/ccs/bin/as: "/var/tmp/ccZmMDse.s", line 4631: error: unknown opcode
> ".subsection"
> /usr/ccs/bin/as: "/var/tmp/ccZmMDse.s", line 4631: error: statement syntax
> /usr/ccs/bin/as: "/var/tmp/ccZmMDse.s", line 4755: error: unknown opcode
> ".previous"
> /usr/ccs/bin/as: "/var/tmp/ccZmMDse.s", line 4755: error: statement syntax
> *** Error code 1
> make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `apr_snprintf.lo'
> Current working directory
> /usr2/public/apache/httpd-2.0.46/srclib/apr/strings
> *** Error code 1
> make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all-recursive'
> Current working directory
> /usr2/public/apache/httpd-2.0.46/srclib/apr/strings
> *** Error code 1
> make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all-recursive'
> Current working directory /usr2/public/apache/httpd-2.0.46/srclib/apr
> *** Error code 1
> make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all-recursive'
> Current working directory /usr2/public/apache/httpd-2.0.46/srclib
> *** Error code 1
> make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all-recursive'
> you have mail

/usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/sparc-sun-solaris2.8/3.0.1/specs