httpd-users mailing list archives

From Alastair Roy <Alastair....@Express.co.uk>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Installation Problems
Date Fri, 20 Jun 2003 08:10:06 GMT
Thanks Tim, a few questions thou, where do I find the LD_LIBRARY_PATH I
found the file
/usr2/public/111297-01/SUNWcsl/reloc/usr/lib/libsendfile.so.1
/usr2/public/111297-01/SUNWcslx/reloc/usr/lib/sparcv9/libsendfile.so.1

But both of these are patches that I have downloaded and installed
/usr2/public is where I downloaded the patch to.

I have tried installing the source for Apache with no luck I get all sorts
of other errors, not sure what to do at this stage.

-----Original Message-----
From: Tim Wort [mailto:tim@pobox.com]
Sent: 19 June 2003 14:43
To: 'users@httpd.apache.org'
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Installation Problems

On Thu, 19 Jun 2003, Alastair Roy wrote:

> Ladies and Gentlemen I need some help I cannot for the life of me get an
> installation of Apache to work on a Sun Box running  Solaris 8, I
downloaded
> the Binary installation of Apache Ver 2.0.43 and ran the installer scrip
> everything goes fine till I try to run
>
> ./apachectl start
> then I get the following message
>
> ld.so.1: /usr/local/apache2/bin/httpd: fatal: libsendfile.so.1: open
failed:
> No such file or directory
> Killed

The file should live in /usr/lib/sparcv9/libsendfile.so.1 but my Solaris 8
system doesn't have it (yes, I run apache 2.0.45). Use find to discover
where the library lives.

If you do have it:

Edit your LD_LIBRARY_PATH and add the path to the directory the library is
contained in. Export it, start apache. (You might have to set
LD_LIBRARY_PATH in the start up script also.)

If you do not find the library on your system:

1.Probably means that the precompiled binary has dependencies on
patch/software you do not have on your system. First I would go to
the source of the binary and read any requirements, look at all the readme
files and install instructions.

2.There is a sunsolve patch that will/may fix this problem but requires a
number of other patches to be load too, see patch info for 111297-01, the
problem here is you need to load a number of patches that this one relies
on and after your done you may find something else your missing. See
number one.

3. Download gcc and compile apache yourself, it's not that hard.

> Anyone have any ideas, please before I am completely bald
>

> Visit Express Newspapers and OK Magazine online picture archive at
> http://www.expresspictures.com

> Any views or opinions are solely those of the author
> and do not necessarily represent those of Express Newspapers

> or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential
> and/or privileged material.If you are not the intended recipient
> of this message please do not read ,copy, use or disclose this
> communication and notify the sender immediately. It should be
> noted that any review, retransmission, dissemination or other
> use of, or taking action in reliance upon, this information by
> persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.
> E-mail communications may be monitored.

=        Inkling Research Inc.      =
=    Tim.Wort@InklingResearch.com   =
=        Tim.Wort@pobox.com         =