httpd-users mailing list archives

From Richard Crawford <rcrawf...@unexmail.ucdavis.edu>
Subject [users@httpd] Interpreting Perl in a Context Root
Date Tue, 24 Jun 2003 16:12:54 GMT
Since I have Cold Fusion and JRun on my server, Cold Fusion pages are
referred to as:

http://www.oursite.com/cfmx/cfpage.cfm

The cfmx context root must be present for Cold Fusion to be interpreted.

The downside of this is that referring to Perl scripts within pages (such
as when referring to CGI scripts written in Perl) doesn't work with just
relative URL's.  So, for example, if I have a form written in html located at:

http://www.oursite.com/cfmx/myform.html

where the "action" attribute of the "form" tag is "mycgi.pl", then when the
form is submitted, all I see is the source code for mycgi.pl.

I can work around this by referring to the cgi script in myform.html with
the absolute URL, leaving out the context root:

< form name="the_form" action="http://www.oursite.com/mycgi.pl" >

However, since I have hundreds of .html pages with forms that refer to
mycgi.pl, going through and changing them all to refer to the absolute url
of the script is not really a viable solution, especially since the each
instance of myform.html refers to a different instance of mycgi.pl.

I can't seem to figure out how to make Apache interpret the Perl scripts
appropriately when the context root is included in the URL, since the
context root is not a part of the directory structure.

I have been struggling with this problem for weeks.  Any ideas or hints
would be greatly appreciated.