httpd-users mailing list archives

From Richard Crawford <rcrawf...@unexmail.ucdavis.edu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] CGI Still not working
Date Fri, 13 Jun 2003 15:01:56 GMT

>At 05:53 AM 6/13/2003 +0200, Robert Andersson wrote:
> > The Apache configuration on each server is identical -- I copied down the
> > httpd.conf file from Neo to Trinity, making appropriate changes in the
> > ServerName fields and so on.
>
>Sounds odd. Make sure you are editing/using the right config file. Insert an
>obvious syntax error in the file, and restart to make sure.

Robert,

I agree, it does sound odd.  I tried inserting a deliberate syntax error
and restarted httpd, and it failed to start.  I know, therefore, that I'm
using the right configuration file.

I suppose it's possible that there's an error with Solaris.  Both Trinity
and Neo are using Solaris 9, but they were built at different times
(Trinity was rebuilt from scratch recently).

Richard