httpd-users mailing list archives

From Richard Crawford <rcrawf...@unexmail.ucdavis.edu>
Subject [users@httpd] Case Sensitivity
Date Wed, 04 Jun 2003 15:49:26 GMT
We're in the process of upgrading our website from Windows/IIS to
Solaris/Apache.  While the new solution is, on the whole, far superior to
the old one, one of the problems we're running into frequently is the issue
of case-sensitive filenames.  We have a directory, for example, called
"Library" (with a capital L), but half our files refer to it as "library"
and the other half refer to it as "Library" (and this is just one example
-- there are dozens).  The decision was made to leave directory names as
they are, which means we're going to have to go into hundreds of individual
files and change them.

My question is, is there a hack I can make in Apache to make it case
insensitive, so that this is no longer an issue?