httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jeremy D. Weiss" <jdwe...@chanweiss.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Tunneling SSH through Apache
Date Thu, 05 Jun 2003 15:29:59 GMT
At 09:40 AM 06/05/2003 -0500, you wrote:

>I'd like to be able to administer my Linux based Apache 2.x site via ssh.
>However, it sits behind a firewall that only allows initial port 443 for
>https from a web browser through.
>
>Is there a way that I can connect a special way to a given URL on the server
>(or something) that will allow me to spawn an SSH application (or applet for
>that matter) where I could login and administer the site? Has this ever been
>done?

I'm not sure if this will do exactly what you want, not being a Java person
myself, but mindbright technologies has a Java-based SSH client
(http://www.appgate.com/mindterm/) which is free for "personal and limited
commercial" use.  I've never used it with a firewall, so I can't be sure
that it would allow you to tunnel through it, but I think it might.

HTH, HAND,
==Jeremy