httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Aaron Spike" <sau...@mlc-wels.edu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Newbie Question: Does mod_dir require mod_mime?
Date Tue, 17 Jun 2003 17:23:04 GMT
On 17 Jun 2003 at 10:50, Joshua Slive wrote:
> > "Make install" should
> > know that files with extensions for language negotiation are useless
> > without mod_negotiation enabled, if that is possible.
>
> There is no way that is ever going to happen.
Let me make apparent my ignorance in another area: configure/make.
Does that mean that it isn't possible to automagicaly build a custom
configuration file for non-default installs using configure/make? If
I had the time and knowledge could I submit a a patch to the
configure script and makefile in the apache source tree that would
intellegently create a custom httpd.conf for a custom install? Or is
that sort of customization just not possible with configure/make?
better suited for a seperate script. (a little off topic, isn't it?)