httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Aaron Spike" <sau...@mlc-wels.edu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Newbie Question: Does mod_dir require mod_mime?
Date Tue, 17 Jun 2003 13:21:56 GMT
> > I noticed that even if I
> > disable-module=negotiation I still have index.html.* instead of
> > index.html.
> When you say you get index.html.*, is that only when you are requesting
> directories, or do you get the same thing if you request index.html and
> only index.html.en exists?

A bit unclear on my part. If I configure apache with --disable-
module=negotiation, make all and make install. The whole gamut of
multilingual 'index.html's are installed. That is index.html.en,
index.html.de, index.html.es, etc. But there is no "index.html". So
with no negotiation and "DirectoryIndex index.html" I can't see a
default page unless I refer to it explicitly and include the language
extension. So my issue is with the install. "Make install" should
know that files with extensions for language negotiation are useless
without mod_negotiation enabled, if that is possible. The worst part
is that --disable-module=negotiation renders the online manual
useless until I do "for file in `ls *.en`; do mv $file
${file%\.en};done" in a few directories.