httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jim Walls <k6...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2 + Windows 2000 PRO problem...
Date Sat, 07 Jun 2003 17:28:13 GMT
mega-digital wrote:
> Hi,
>
>   I recently unistalled Windows XP PRO because i had the
> problem described in apache download page... I tried to
> install service pack 1 but my modem refused to work with
> it... Then i installed Windows 2000 PRO and everything
> stopped...With windows xp users were seeing the page with a
> lot of erros... and now users can't access my apache
> server... Like a router, users can't connect... Anyone have
> had this problem and could help me? I used Windows 2000
> Server before xp and it was working ok but don't want to back
> to 2000 server =(...
>   My apache server is 2.0.46, i have adsl connection via dial
> up (yep, not a router, my modem and isp have all ports
> opened), shared with 2 computers (mine is the host) and i
> have configured ports services in windows but not has
> changed...
>   Please help me!!!

The only help I can give you is that Apache will work under Windows 2000
Pro.  I'm doing it here at home on an old 100 MHz Pentium with only 96MB
of RAM  It's not a busy server by any means, but it works very reliably.
  Can be seen at http://www.k6ccc.org or http://www.w6sce.org

Jim Walls - K6CCC
k6ccc@amsat.org
http://home.earthlink.net/~k6ccc/