httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Laus, Ryan J." <laus...@cmich.edu>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Page Will Not Display After Modifications
Date Thu, 19 Jun 2003 12:57:52 GMT
Robert,

That seems to have done the trick.  Thank you so much for you help!!!

Ryan

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Andersson [mailto:robert@profundis.nu]
Sent: Thursday, June 19, 2003 8:34 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Page Will Not Display After Modifications

Laus, Ryan J wrote:

> This only happens to the page that has been modified, all other pages
> work fine.  Here is what is showing up in the access log when a client

> will try to go to the page when it is giving the "page cannot be
> displayed error"
>
> ...snip...
>
> There is nothing in the error_log.  I agree in that it seems like it
> is something with the OS.  So far I have only found one other person
> who is having the same problem and he is using WebLogic and not
> Apache.  Any more ideas?

This indicates that Apache thinks everything is fine. Apache do often
use an OS API function in order to serve static files, properly named
sendfile(). I've seen a lot of issues regarding that on some systems,
and it has often been suggested that one disables it. You can do it
easily in the config:

EnableSendfile Off

http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/core.html#enablesendfile

Try that, and see if it helps.