httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Aidan Whitehall" <AidanWhiteh...@Fairbanks.co.uk>
Subject [users@httpd] Equivalent of IIS custom 404
Date Tue, 24 Jun 2003 13:20:44 GMT
Our web site is on a box that's running IIS 5.0. I wanted users to be
able to enter easy-to-remember urls and redirect the browser
appropriately, as on the Macromedia web site.

To do this, I added a custom 404 in the /go/ folder which redirects any
redirects the browser from this:
 http://www.fairbanks.co.uk/go/casestudies
to the less memorable:

http://www.fairbanks.co.uk/services/index.cfm?section=casestudy&text=stu
dy01

On the development machine, I've started running Apache and wanted to
mimic this behaviour. I added this directive

<Directory "pathToWebRoot\go">
    ErrorDocument 404 /go/index.cfm
</Directory>

but that redirects http://localhost/go/casestudies to http://localhost/

Can anyone please let me know how to mimic the IIS Custom 404
functionality in Apache? Thanks!

--
Aidan Whitehall <mailto:aidanwhitehall@fairbanks.co.uk>
Macromedia ColdFusion Developer