httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Aidan Whitehall" <AidanWhiteh...@Fairbanks.co.uk>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Newbie
Date Fri, 20 Jun 2003 08:51:08 GMT
> I just wondering how can I process my access log for statistics on the
> server usage. I would like to know if possible how many visits I get a
> day, what files are viewed most often. If I'm asking the question to
the
> wrong forum please direct my to some source for this information. I
used
> IIS till now, but would like to start using Appache from now on.

I've had good success with Analog on W2K with Apache log files, and
wouldn't hesitate to recommend it
 http://www.analog.cx/
It's fast, configurable and free.

Editing the analog.cfg file requires a little bit of understanding, but
if you're just as happy using conf files instead of a GUI (as your
comment suggests), give it a shot.

You can then use ReportMagic to turn the Analog output into better
looking reports.

--
Aidan Whitehall <mailto:aidanwhitehall@fairbanks.co.uk>
Macromedia ColdFusion Developer