httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Saunders Jack" <jack.saund...@volvo.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Slow performance issues
Date Tue, 03 Jun 2003 13:46:54 GMT
I have recently added another apache instance on a solaris 2.6 and 2.8 servers.  We reverse
proxy to several servers over SSL.  The performance seems to degrade over time.  I have checked
the child processes and the count is normally at 26.  I am also using the built in SSLRandomSeed.
 So I would not think it had to do with the random device.  After restarting apache performance
picks up again. The first instance of apache was compiled the same way and I donot seem to
notice the same problems.  Any help will be greatly appreciated!

The servers were compiled like so:

BUILDHOME="/export/home/appladm/install"
CFLAGS="${CFLAGS} -DUSE_SYSVSEM_SERIALIZED_ACCEPT"
PATH=/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/ccs/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:.

export CFLAGS PATH

# set build params

APACHEVER="1.3.19"
MODSSLVER="2.8.3"
OPENSSLVER="0.9.6g"

# build files

echo "starting build"

cd $BUILDHOME/mod_ssl-${MODSSLVER}-${APACHEVER}/
./configure \
        --with-apache=../apache_$APACHEVER \
        --with-ssl=../openssl-$OPENSSLVER \
        --prefix=/usr/local/apache-mack \