httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Andersson" <rob...@profundis.nu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Need to run cgi and perl scripts
Date Tue, 24 Jun 2003 14:45:03 GMT
gregory haley wrote:
> I would like to have a folder (cgi-bin) to put .exe's or .pl's scripts in
> for each virtual host. I have the folder made in each virtual host but i
> am unfamiliar with what permissions i am supposed to give to the folder or
what
> i am supposed to do to the folder in order to let the scripts be run.

First, have you carefully read the docs?
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/howto/cgi.html

What you need to do is to remove the ScriptAlias found in your httpd.conf,
then for each of you vhosts, add this

<Directory /path/to/vhost/docroot/cgi-bin>
    Options ...other-options... ExecCGI
</Directory>

Lookup each directive if you don't know them well.

The actual scripts must be executable by the Apache user. chmod 755 commonly
used.

If it is not working, describe exactly what you have tried and what is
happening.

Regards,
Robert Andersson