httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Andersson" <rob...@profundis.nu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Equivalent of IIS custom 404
Date Tue, 24 Jun 2003 13:35:28 GMT
Aidan Whitehall wrote:
> On the development machine, I've started running Apache and wanted
> to mimic this behaviour. I added this directive
>
> <Directory "pathToWebRoot\go">
>     ErrorDocument 404 /go/index.cfm
> </Directory>
>
> but that redirects http://localhost/go/casestudies to http://localhost/

I cannot catch anything wrong with that, and should work. Are anything there
aliases, symlinks etc? Can you get any clues from the access/error log? Do
you see /go/index.cfm being requested?

> Can anyone please let me know how to mimic the IIS Custom 404
> functionality in Apache? Thanks!

Although I'm not very familiar with IIS, all you should have to do is to add
the ErrorDocument directive in proper context (as you simingly have done).

Regards,
Robert Andersson