httpd-users mailing list archives

From Zac Stevens <...@cryptocracy.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Virtual Hosting Help Newbie
Date Mon, 23 Jun 2003 02:43:02 GMT
Hi Casey,

On Sun, Jun 22, 2003 at 09:30:22PM -0500, Global Point Solutions wrote:
> I've checked the error logs and have attached it as a means of oversite to
> finding a solution to my problem. Your help is truly appreciated.

This log is saying essentially the same thing as my last reply - none of
your VirtualHosts have valid DocumentRoots:

<--snip-->
Warning: DocumentRoot [/www/docs/dummy-host.example.com] does not exist
Warning: DocumentRoot [C:Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/htdocs/MyWebs1] does not exist
Warning: DocumentRoot [C:Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/htdocs/MyWebs3] does not exist
<--snip-->

Referring back to my last mail, do you have a list of the sites you want
your Apache server to handle?

> > What are the VirtualHosts you want to configure on your system?
> > To start with, this should be a list with two columns - on one side, what
> > you want to type into your web browser; on the other, the directory path
> > you'll be using as the DocumentRoot for that VHost.

eg:
www.myweb1.com -> "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/htdocs/MyWebs1"

and so on.

Cheers,