httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Robert L. Harris" <Robert.L.Har...@rdlg.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] apache2 and htaccess files?
Date Wed, 18 Jun 2003 16:10:27 GMT

  No, it's off /var/www which used to be DocumentRoot which I'm guessing
is depreciated.  I changed it to /var/www/cgi-bin/roast/root and now it
doesn't let me in and gives a 403 but still doesn't ask for passwd.  I
guess it's probably because I'm using the .htaccess.

Given this:

<Directory /var/www/cgi-bin/ids/admin>
   AllowOverride AuthConfig
   Order deny,allow
   Deny from all
</Directory>

and the .htaccess:
AuthType Basic
AuthName "Password Required"
AuthUserFile /var/www/passwords/password.file.idsadmin.rdlg
#AuthGroupFile /var/www/passwords/group.file
Require user nomad mamma

How would you you reform the Directory directive?  Something like this?

<Directory /var/www/cgi-bin/ids/admin>
   AllowOverride AuthConfig
   Order deny,allow
   Deny from all
   AuthType Basic
   AuthName "Password Required"
   AuthUserFile /var/www/passwords/password.file.idsadmin.rdlg
   Require user nomad mamma
</Directory>

Thanks,
  Robert