httpd-users mailing list archives

From Rajasekaran Deepak <deepa...@students.iiit.net>
Subject [users@httpd] Re: Hiding file extensions using htaccess
Date Wed, 18 Jun 2003 10:41:48 GMT
* Joshua Slive 17-Jun-2003:
> On Tue, 17 Jun 2003, Rajasekaran Deepak wrote:
> > The httpd.conf file appears to enable MultiViews.
> > But I am not able to access files without their extensions.
> > I am including /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf as an attachment.
> > My home directory is /2k-2k1/deepak_r/ .
>
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/mod_mime.html#multiviewsmatch

I commented out the rewrites and tried
"MultiviewsMatch Handlers Filters" and even
"MultiviewsMatch Any" in my htaccess file.
But I am still not able to access files
without their extensions.

* Robert Andersson 18-Jun-2003:
> Typically, all you need to do to a vanilla Apache, is to add Options
> MultiViews on some directory. Might have something to du with mod_userdir;
> does it work on non-userdir directories?

.html pages on non-userdir directories are also not
accessible without their extensions.

I had sent httpd.conf as an attachment with my previous mail.
I have read-only access to httpd.conf .
A soft link to the htaccess file is at:
    http://196.12.44.6/~deepak_r/htaccess

Thanks in advance,