httpd-users mailing list archives

From Kevin Varley <mummaze...@yahoo.com>
Subject [users@httpd] SSI anomalies with Apache 2.0.44-2.0.46
Date Tue, 17 Jun 2003 15:03:49 GMT
Hello,

We are experiencing a very strange problem with SSIs
under Apache 2.0.44 and 2.0.46.  In certain files that
we are serving, SSI directives stop being processed
about half way down the page.  Even more bizarre, if I
open up one of the problematic files and add a space
somewhere before where the includes stop being
processed, the SSI directives are then processed
properly.  I have then diffed the two files to verify
that, in fact, the only difference between the two
files is a single space.

I have done a bunch of experimentation with the
problematic files (lots of time in a hex editor
looking for weird characters), searched the news
groups, double-checked our configs and added debug
statements to mod_include to see if I could figure out
what was going on.  I think I have reached the limits
of my knowledge of Apache internals.

So basically, I'm writing to see if anyone else has
experienced a similar problem before I try posting a
bug report.

Kevin Varley