httpd-users mailing list archives

From Tamil Nadu <tamilnaduli...@yahoo.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Questions about httpd.conf
Date Sun, 15 Jun 2003 06:02:51 GMT
 I have tried my best to test and find an answers for
the following questions and i am not able to. Can
anyone point me to the write answers

 1. Document root
 Does the starting document root needs to be the same
for all virtual hosts?

 e.g. In the httpd.conf file i have defined the
doucment root as
 /var/www/html/vhosts

 and in virtual host 1 i have
 /var/www/html/vhosts/vhost1

 and in virtual host 2 i have
 /var/www/html/vhosts/vhost2

 and in virtual host 3 i have
 /www/vhosts/vhost3.

 It works fine for virtual host 1 and 2 but not for
host 3.

 2. server status

 I have activated the server status lines in the
httpd.conf file and still i am not able to see the
server status page. Since i have many virtual hosts is
it possible to access the server status page, if so
under which virtual host.

 3. User home directory

 I have activated the user home directory public_html,
but still i am not able to access the user directory.
Since i have many virtual host is it possible to
provide home user access.

Regards
Raja