httpd-users mailing list archives

From Dan Parker <dannopar...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Re[2]: [users@httpd] Trouble accessing website from anything but my local machine
Date Fri, 13 Jun 2003 10:50:52 GMT
Victor and Robert,

Sorry for the confusion...when I set the webserver to listen on port 8000, I could still only
access the site from my local machine. The site cannot be reached from computers off the network.
I have not changed any Windows 2000 settings. Could there be a setting that I need to modify?
I'll also try to find my ISP's TOA.

Thanks again for trying to help,
Dan

"Victor B. Gonzalez" <apacheusergroup@vbgunz.com> wrote:
Hello Dan,

VBG> Could there be a port conflict or IP address change? Is Apache set
VBG> to serve pages to the public or only to the network or both? Good luck :)

DP> Victor, Thank you for the reply! There does not appear to be any
DP> port conflicts. I can reach my site by appending ":8000" to the
DP> end of the domain name (when I set the webserver to listen on port
DP> 8000),

Is it you can reach your site through port 8000 but what ever you try
it cannot be accessed through port 80?

If your site is accessible through port 8000 but not port 80 and your
configurations are correct then chances are your ISP is blocking port
80 for you...

Find out what your ISP's TOA is and see if indeed their blocking port
80. Good luck :)

--
Best regards,
Victor B. Gonzalez

apache_2.0.46-win32-x86-no_src
Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 1