httpd-users mailing list archives

From Dan Parker <dannopar...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Trouble accessing website from anything but my local machine
Date Fri, 13 Jun 2003 02:26:55 GMT
Victor,
Thank you for the reply! There does not appear to be any port conflicts. I can reach my site
by appending ":8000" to the end of the domain name (when I set the webserver to listen on
port 8000), and the IP that the ping request tries to reach coincides with the domain name
that I am using.

I'm not aware of any settings to "serve pages to the public or only to the network or both."
I wonder if this is where I'm missing something.

Thanks again,
Dan

"Victor B. Gonzalez" <apacheusergroup@vbgunz.com> wrote:
Hello Dan,

DP> I have installed the Apache webserver on my home computer. I can view my website from
my own computer, but my friends cannot. When I ping my domain name from work, the request
times out.

DP> I have turned off my firewall, tried setting the webserver to listen on port 8000,
and nothing seems to work.

DP> I am running Windows 2000 Professional and the Apache 2.0.45 HTTP webserver.

DP> Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm sure this is a rookie mistake!

DP> Thanks!

Could there be a port conflict or IP address change? Is Apache set to
serve pages to the public or only to the network or both? Good luck :)

--
Best regards,
Victor B. Gonzalez

apache_2.0.46-win32-x86-no_src
Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 1