httpd-users mailing list archives

From Zac Stevens <...@cryptocracy.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Completely open source alternative to Active State Perl?
Date Sun, 08 Jun 2003 13:08:23 GMT
Hi Victor,

On Sun, Jun 08, 2003 at 09:00:25AM -0400, Victor B. Gonzalez wrote:
>   Active State seems to contradict the Perl license... I would like to
>   get my hands on a completely open source alternative. I checked the
>   Perl site but it seems I have to build it. I do not have the tools,
>   is there another binary open source alternative?

Firstly, you'd be better off asking this question in a perl forum.  On this
list you are speaking to users of Apache HTTPD - not even necessarily
people using Windows or perl.

Secondly, as far as I'm aware, ActivePerl is the only Win32 perl port
receiving active development.  At a bare minimum, it would appear to be the
recommended port:

http://www.perl.com/pub/a/language/info/software.html#win32

Cheers,

Zac