httpd-users mailing list archives

From Payal Rathod <payal-...@staticky.com>
Subject [users@httpd] a newbie question on cgi-bin
Date Thu, 05 Jun 2003 17:35:26 GMT
Hi,
My apache runs as user nobody:nobody. Now I have a user called as
design. He has written a small perl cgi script which only creates
directry in his home directory. But in the error log I get permission
denied. This is because nobody cannot have write permissions to
/home/design

I have thought of 2 different solutions.
- to run apache as root :- bad idea.
- to run apache as user design.

Is there any better solution which I should be looking into?
The user "design" has kept the file in /usr/local/cgi-bin. Infact as
root I kept it there with 755 permissions.

Thanks a lot and waiting eagerly for more info on this.

With warm regards,
-Payal

--
"Visit GNU/Linux Success Stories"