httpd-users mailing list archives

From Lynn Schaper <scha...@Colorado.EDU>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Slow performance issues
Date Tue, 03 Jun 2003 17:48:49 GMT
If you're not setting MaxRequestsPerChild on Solaris, you probably
should be.  If you are using it, it might be set too high.

- Look at your server-status and see how many requests each busy child
has served when your server slows down; set MaxRequestsPerChild below
that.

- You might also look at the memory footprint of your servers (top is a
good tool) and if they're getting large, kill them before they grow that
big (also with MaxRequestsPerChild).

Lynn
--
    Lynn Schaper                        Schaper@colorado.edu
    Information Technology Services     Central and Unix Services