httpd-users mailing list archives

From Shitij Sethi <sse...@IN.rainbow.com>
Subject [users@httpd] how can we use sniffer to verify http content from server is in c ompressed from
Date Fri, 20 Jun 2003 13:36:51 GMT

Hi All,

I have a small question:

I am using Apache and IIS to serve my pages. I enabled compression on both
IIS and apache. I used "Ethreal" for sniffing the contents received from
server on the client machine. I accessed a particular page and sniffed data
using ethreal when compression was enabled on Apache and then disabled
compression and accessed the same page. The page I accessed is a static text
page. I sniffed data in both the cases (compression enabled and disabled) I
could not make out whats the difference in both the cases.

Is there any way to determine that the data sent by the http server was
compressed by using a sniffer.

Thanks in advance.