httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Victor B. Gonzalez" <apacheusergr...@vbgunz.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Trouble accessing website from anything but my local machine
Date Fri, 13 Jun 2003 02:19:51 GMT
Hello Dan,

DP> I have installed the Apache webserver on my home computer. I can view my website from
my own computer, but my friends cannot. When I ping my domain name from work, the request
times out.

DP> I have turned off my firewall, tried setting the webserver to listen on port 8000,
and nothing seems to work.

DP> I am running Windows 2000 Professional and the Apache 2.0.45 HTTP webserver.

DP> Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm sure this is a rookie mistake!

DP> Thanks!

Could there be a port conflict or IP address change? Is Apache set to
serve pages to the public or only to the network or both? Good luck :)

--
Best regards,
 Victor B. Gonzalez

apache_2.0.46-win32-x86-no_src
Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 1