httpd-users mailing list archives

From ruler...@optonline.net
Subject Re[2]: [users@httpd] mod_rewrit (sic)
Date Sun, 22 Jun 2003 22:50:15 GMT
Hello Donna,

Sunday, June 22, 2003, 6:01:35 PM, you wrote:

DR> On Sunday 22 June 2003 10:46 pm, Joshua Slive wrote:
DR> [snip]
>> Exact quotes of error messages are always preferable.
DR> okay Josh, here's what I have just done (yet again):
DR> I've commented out everything _except_
DR> RewriteEngine on
DR> in the .htaccess file

DR> and this is the output to the log file (per your request):
DR>  - - [22/Jun/2003:17:57:27 -0400] "GET /index.html HTTP/1.1" 500 546 "-"
DR> "Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.2.1) Gecko/20021204"

>> I see no evidence for that statistic.
DR> You are using a different version of google than me :-)
you can search for exact words on google. you did not use quotes
around your search query, which is giving you thousands of useless
results. try searching for "mod_rewrit" and "mod_rewrite"
respectively. you will see how google can show you exactly what you
are looking for.

>> Personally, I have never heard of mod_rewrit.
DR> clearly
mod_rewrit doesn't exist, although your ISP may have just ripped apart
the source and made it useless (if they removed all features)

--
Best regards,
 rulerpen                            mailto:rulerpen@optonline.net