httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Victor B. Gonzalez" <apacheusergr...@vbgunz.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Authentication/Authorization feature or bug?
Date Fri, 13 Jun 2003 02:17:53 GMT
Hello Apache,

  I am pretty sure maybe I am doing something wrong on my part. If
  someone knows my name they can on my machine easily change my
  password without knowing the original password...

  Is this the case? I tried to change my password and it just asked to
  change it without knowing the original. Is this a feature or a bug?

  I can also see if they get to the password files they can delete
  them too... OK, no biggie but can I make a backup file without
  manually backing it up?

  Just curious about the last part but concerned a little about the
  first question.

--
Best regards,
 Victor B. Gonzalez

apache_2.0.46-win32-x86-no_src
Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 1