httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Andersson" <rob...@profundis.nu>
Subject Re: Re: [users@httpd] installing apache2 on xp pro
Date Wed, 18 Jun 2003 05:11:33 GMT
g.ghorghorian@sympatico.ca wrote:
> I did it almost 3 times,
> mine is pentium III, 128 ram, xp pro SP1, ADSL,
> is it possible it has something to do with NTFS?
> is yours FAT32?
> still giving me the same error messages.

How are you trying to run Apache?

The check-list:

1) Make sure IIS is dead and burried, and nothing else is listening
    on port 80. Do a 'netstat -a' and look if something is listening on
    the local address xxx:http. If something is there, it must go.

2) Have Apache installed as a service. Open up the Services
    console (Control Panel->Administrative Tools->Services, IIRC).
    See if there is service called Apache2 (or similar). If so, you should
    be able to start it. If not, do 'apache -k install Apache2', then do
    'net start Apache2'.

3) If you still have errors, do 'apache -t' and see what it says. If it
comes
    out OK, look in the error log.

Regards,
Robert Andersson