httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Victor B. Gonzalez" <apacheusergr...@vbgunz.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Turning off auto directory indexing *except* per directory specified?
Date Mon, 02 Jun 2003 03:41:55 GMT
Hello Apache,

  I've searched through the documentation on Apache for how to turn
  off auto directory indexing but I am coming up empty. I would like
  for the contents of any and all directories to never be listed.

  I would like for the contents of certain directories to be listed
  but on a global scale I would like all directories *not listed*. Is
  this possible?

  I searched the documentation and feel I came close to it but the
  definitions to mod_dir and mod_autoindex do not explain how to do
  it... Maybe its a little more complex than I assume or maybe I am
  looking at the wrong docs...

  I would surely appreciate any help on how to turn off auto indexing
  globally yet enable it locally for certain dirs. I love links :)

  Thank you :)

--
Best regards,
 Victor B. Gonzalez

apache_2.0.46-win32-x86-no_src
Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 1