httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Victor B. Gonzalez" <apacheusergr...@vbgunz.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Is there anyway to password protect a directory with an *automated* batch file?
Date Tue, 17 Jun 2003 14:59:08 GMT
Hello Apache,

  I have just finished re-designing a project in which requires
  Apache. During the install phase of my project I would like to offer
  the user the power to password protect certain directories.

  I can pass the password to a batch file and execute it but how do I
  get pass the "enter password" "enter password again" prompts?

  In other words during the install phase the user is given two
  password boxes for Apache. Once they continue I would like to
  somehow automate the Apache batch process.

  Can someone help me with this?

  I currently have the following in a batch file... The root user name
  is dynamically changed to what the user wishes... But how do I
  automate the password prompts as that should have already been taken
  care of at install?

  "Apache\bin\htpasswd.exe" -c "Apache\passwd\passwords" root

  Thank you to anyone who can help me with this :)

--
Best regards,
 Victor B. Gonzalez

apache_2.0.46-win32-x86-no_src
Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 1