httpd-users mailing list archives

From peter pilsl <pi...@goldfisch.at>
Subject [users@httpd] apache2 - mod_proxy - troubles
Date Tue, 17 Jun 2003 10:36:32 GMT

I use apache2 and mod_proxy and run into two related problems:

problem1:

easy example. Lets say I've a local apache2 running on intranet.local and want
to access the outside page www.goldfisch.at (realworld-example)

ProxyPass               /goldfisch      http://www.goldfisch.at
ProxyPassReverse        /goldfisch      http://www.goldfisch.at

accessing intranet.local/goldfisch  brings up the expected result : the same as
www.goldfisch.at.

But as soon as I click the link "partners" I come to
intranet.local/partners.html instead of intranet.local/goldfisch/partners.html
and therefore get an 404-error.

The link to partners.html is a simple relative url  <a href="partners.html"> so
I dont understand this behaviour.

problem2:

Same environment as above, but now I want to proxy "absolute" urls like <a
href="/index.html"> that have a leading '/'. Is this possible too ?

thnx,
peter

--
IT-Consulting