httpd-users mailing list archives

From Klavs Klavsen ...@vsen.dk>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] URGENT site down :( - apache2 bug?
Date Fri, 06 Jun 2003 14:57:42 GMT
On fre, 2003-06-06 at 16:41, Brian Akins wrote:
> You could have done an "ipcs -a" and looked for shared memory owned by
> the apache user and then removed them via ipcrm.

I tried.

I did ipcs -a | grep apache

then I did ipcs -m 0x(the 7 digit number) and it didn't complain,but
ipcs -a | grep apache still reported the same segments.

What did I do wrong?

And even so, shouldn't apache clean up after itself? I've never had this
happen in the 7 years I've been running apache.
--
Regards,
Klavs Klavsen, GSEC - kl@vsen.dk - http://www.vsen.dk

Working with Unix is like wrestling a worthy opponent.
Working with windows is like attacking a small whining child
who is carrying a .38.