httpd-users mailing list archives

From Klavs Klavsen ...@vsen.dk>
Subject [users@httpd] URGENT site down :( - apache2 bug?
Date Fri, 06 Jun 2003 14:10:08 GMT
Hi guys,

after restarting my apache2 process (because I had updated mmcache.so) -
it failed to restart with this message:

[error] (17)File exists: Cannot allocate shared memory

I had seen this once before, where it was because the machine was
forcefully rebooted and logs/ssl_scache was not deleted.
But it was deleted (but was recreated upon startup - just before the
server dies).

I can get the server to run, by removing the SSL support.

ipcs -a gives me 15 lines with apache's name on - when the service is
stopped. ipcs -m gives me nothing with apache's name on.

I'm hoping you can help me :(

--
Regards,
Klavs Klavsen, GSEC - kl@vsen.dk - http://www.vsen.dk

Working with Unix is like wrestling a worthy opponent.
Working with windows is like attacking a small whining child
who is carrying a .38.