httpd-users mailing list archives

From <Burc...@koc.net>
Subject [users@httpd] Locale Problem
Date Mon, 09 Jun 2003 08:50:35 GMT
Hello,

We have a webserver running with Apache 1.3.27. When we start apache we get an error like
"couldn't set locale correctly". Anybody know what the problem is ?

Regards,
Burçin

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Diacov [mailto:chrisd@activevideotools.com]
Sent: 09 Haziran 2003 Pazartesi 09:48
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] Strange mod_expires problem with Apache 2.0.45 (win32)

Hello,

I have a strange problem with mod_expires in Apache 2.0.45 running on
Windows 2000 Server.

Here is the setup info:

- Windows 2000 server, latest service pack and hotfixes
- Apache 2.0.45 standard Win32 binary distribution
- mod_expires enabled and loaded
- JRun4 jrun_module enabled and loaded

I'm trying to force immediate expiration for any JSP and HTML content but
leave any images in the browser cache for up to a month. I have set
ExpiresActive to ON. I'm trying to use ExpiresDefault and ExpiresByType to
define individual expiration rules for the following mime-types: image/jpeg,
image/gif, text/html and text/plain. My general conclusion is, that
ExpiresByType does not work as expected. If I set ExpiresDefault, all files
served contain the expiration header defined by it (although the response
shows the proper mime-type, so I would expect the header to comply with the
value of ExpiresByType for image/gif). Here are the relevant httpd.conf
part, a sample request and response:

<httpd.conf>

ExpiresActive on
#Images expire in a month
ExpiresByType image/gif A2592000
ExpiresByType image/jpeg A2592000
#HTML expires immediately
ExpiresByType text/html A0
ExpiresByType text/plain A0
#Default expires in a day
ExpiresDefault A86400

</httpd.conf>

GET /img/aniFreeMemb.gif HTTP/1.1
Accept: */*
1.0.3705; .NET CLR 1.0.2914)
Host: mysubdomain.mydomain.com:8080
Connection: Keep-Alive
Cookie: JSESSIONID=ba302627171054241112468

HTTP/1.1 200 OK