httpd-users mailing list archives

From Ken Gillett <...@ukgb.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] RedirectMatch = HideMatch
Date Thu, 05 Jun 2003 18:10:40 GMT
Some things are impossible, others are much easier:-)

For anyone who's interested the following will redirect to a file of
the same basic name (trimming ~ from the beginning and space from the
end) in the parent directory:

	RedirectMatch "^(.*)\/([^\/]*\/)~(.*)$" $1/$3

Some slight modification would be required if a different naming
protocol was used.

On Thursday, June 5, 2003, at 02:55  pm, Joshua Slive wrote:

> On Thu, 5 Jun 2003, Ken Gillett wrote:
>
>> I hate answering my own questions, but I have found that the reason
>> matched files are excluded from the listing is because the target is
>> not valid. The BIG difference between the earlier v1 and current
>> Apache
>> 2.0.40 that I'm using is that RedirectMatch no longer accepts relative
>> URLs. IOW:
>>
>> 	RedirectMatch "(.*)" ../$1
>
> I'm very surprised that that ever worked.  It may be a case of apache
> sending garbarge to the browser, but the browser being very lenient
> about
> it.

> What you want could perhaps be arranged by using an appropriate regex
> to construct an absolute URL, but it is difficult to tell exactly
> what you are trying to do.  The configuration you quote above makes no
> sense to me.

Ken  G i l l e t t