httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Aultman-Bettridge, Glen" <Glen.Aultman-Bettri...@dora.state.co.us>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Case Sensitivity
Date Wed, 04 Jun 2003 16:05:39 GMT
Richard,

I believe mod_speling will work for you. Take a look at
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/mod_speling.html (for Apache 1.3) or
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/mod_speling.html (for Apache 2.0)
(although both docs are very similar).

Glen Aultman-Bettridge

-----Original Message-----
From: Richard Crawford [mailto:rcrawford@unexmail.ucdavis.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, June 04, 2003 9:49 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] Case Sensitivity

We're in the process of upgrading our website from Windows/IIS to
Solaris/Apache.  While the new solution is, on the whole, far superior to
the old one, one of the problems we're running into frequently is the issue
of case-sensitive filenames.  We have a directory, for example, called
"Library" (with a capital L), but half our files refer to it as "library"
and the other half refer to it as "Library" (and this is just one example
-- there are dozens).  The decision was made to leave directory names as
they are, which means we're going to have to go into hundreds of individual
files and change them.

My question is, is there a hack I can make in Apache to make it case
insensitive, so that this is no longer an issue?