httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jeff AA" <apa...@aquabolt.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache Access Logs - disable logging of Status 304 NOT MODIFIED messages?
Date Thu, 19 Jun 2003 10:35:41 GMT
Folks,

I have the following httpd.conf settings to skip access logging of images:
----------
SetEnvIfNoCase  Request_URI "\.gif$|\.jpg$\.png$|\.js$|\.css$" NOLOG
CustomLog       /var/log/apache/mysite-access.log combined env=!NOLOG
----------
which all works well and dandy!

However, I still get lots of log messages like this:
<IP> - - [datetime] "GET /image.jpg HTTP/1.1" 304 - "<referer>" "<browser>"

Note that the images are being logged for status 304 - NOT MODIFIED

I have examined the documentation and FAQ, and googled for an answer, alas
to no avail - is it possible to disable access logging of status 304
messages?

Regards & thanks,

Jeff