httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Andersson" <rob...@profundis.nu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] CGI delays C Script: RH8.0 Apache2.0
Date Mon, 30 Jun 2003 04:14:31 GMT
Jim Carbone wrote:
> We can execute the script locally with no delay but when loaded
> through httpd it's delayed 3-4 sec. about 50-60% of the time. Other times
it
> loads right up.

Could you modify your CGI(s) so the first thing it does is to log a
timestamp, or some other mechanism to notify when it is invoked. This  would
be helpful in determine if the execution of the CGI is delayed or if it's
the response that is delayed. Could be tricky though, as I think Apache logs
the request after it has been served, but there may be other ways to
determine that.

> We are using C and not PERL.

Do you experience the same issues with non-compiled (eg. Perl) CGIs?

Regards,
Robert Andersson