httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Andersson" <rob...@profundis.nu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] perl-cgi won't work with apache2
Date Mon, 30 Jun 2003 04:06:53 GMT
Bret Hughes wrote:
> Seems like I remember reading some posts somewhere that permissions wer
> pretty important in cgi script excecution.

They are.

> Could this be at least port of the problem.

No, at least not so far. If Apache tries to execute a cgi with incorrent
permissions, it will throw a 500 (Internal Server Error), which isn't the
case here.

To the OP:

You need to heed the advice to simplify your configuration. The best way is
to use a vanilla configuaration with *minimal* changes to make it work on
your machine. Then, follow like a zombie the directives given here:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/howto/cgi.html

When you made that work, you should either have figured out what was wrong
with your old configuration or be able to adjust the new configuration to
mirror the old one while making sure it works after each step. If you have
any problems while doing this, the list will be happy to help if you provide
all necessary information about the changes you made and extracts from the
error log.

Regards,
Robert Andersson