httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Pao-Hsi Huang" <doggy_epa...@one4ok.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] DocumentRoot directive changed.
Date Mon, 09 Jun 2003 02:47:43 GMT

My configuration below:

<VirtualHost *>
    ServerAdmin doggy01@one4ok.com
    DocumentRoot "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache/htdocs"
    DirectoryIndex /p.php
    ServerName test.example.com
    ErrorLog logs/test.example.com-error_log
    CustomLog logs/test.example.com-access_log combined
</VirtualHost>

If I request http://test.example.com/ , then it's ok!

But if I request any other file or directory that are not existed.  It will
produce 404 Not Found.

In Apache1, I can set :

	DocumentRoot "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache/htdocs/p.php"

Every request to this site, every REQUEST_URI will pass to the PHP script (
p.php ) as a PATH_INFO.  So I can do something with that.

In Apache 2, it works something wrong.  There is a warning message in
"logs/test.example.com-error_log".

	Warning: DocumentRoot [C:/Program Files/Apache
Group/Apache/htdocs/doggy/p.php] does not exist

And every request to this site, there are only one response that is 404 Not
Found.

Best regards,
Pao-Hsi Huang