httpd-users mailing list archives

From Gareth Slaven <garet...@envent.co.za>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] tcp Wrappers/Ip Sec
Date Mon, 30 Jun 2003 13:25:35 GMT

intended recipient. All views expressed in this message are those of the
individual sender and do not necessarily reflect those of Envent Holdings
(Pty) Ltd.

-----Original Message-----
From: Garth Winter Webb [mailto:garth@perijove.com]
Sent: Monday, June 30, 2003 12:44 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] tcp Wrappers/Ip Sec

Using inetd to spawn apache is probably not what you want to do.  You
say you've tried "IP Limiting" but you haven't said what you mean by
that, what you did and why it didn't work.  Have you looked at the
directives supplied by 'mod_access'?

    http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/mod_access.html

Your probably want something like this:

    <Directory /docroot>
        Order Deny,Allow
        Deny from all
        Allow from 10.0.0
    </Directory>

which would deny access to all hosts except those with an IP address
beginning with '10.0.0'.  You can also list multiple full IP addresses
with separate 'Allow' statements if you need to let in more specific
addresses.

Garth Winter Webb <garth@perijove.com>