httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Andersson" <rob...@profundis.nu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Help viewing directories
Date Fri, 27 Jun 2003 05:27:34 GMT
(please keep it on the list)

Skull Crusher wrote:
> Well I have tried what you have said and I get the same response.
> FORBIDDEN you don't have permission to access /dhearell/ on this
> server

What is the corresponding message in the error log?

> Im running
> Redhat 9
> Apache 1.3.27
> Plain install of apache in tar format ./configure nothing special I
> first encounterd this problem with 2.0 and so I thought I would go back
> back instead of using apache 1.3.26 ill use Apache 1.3.27
>
> For the system web pages they are located at /usr/local/apache/htdocs
> For the user web pages they are /home/*/username/public_html
> /home/s/skull and so on.
> All users are www.slayernetworking.com/~username unless I put up an
> alias/redirect for them so there is no tilde.

I have next to no experience with mod_userdir, so I cannot rule out anything
funny that it may cause. But in order to allow viewing of a directory, all
you should need to do is to configure Apache with Options Indexes for that
directory and make sure the Apache user can list the directory.

Regards,
Robert Andersson