httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Chris Faust" <cfa...@doyougot.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Just cannot get SSI to work
Date Wed, 04 Jun 2003 13:15:46 GMT
Hi All,

I'm going crazy with what should be a very simple thing to do..

I can't get SSI's to work!

I'd like to get this working with the XBitHack, but I haven't had any luck with getting either
that or just standard shtml files to work.

Here is the relevant section in my < Virtual_Host >

<Directory "/websites/site/html">
        XBitHack on
        Options +Includes Indexes FollowSymLinks
        AllowOverride FileInfo AuthConfig Limit
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
</Directory>

I've also tried

 <Directory "/websites/site/html">
       AddType text/html .shtml
        AddOutputFilter INCLUDES .shtml
        Options +Includes Indexes FollowSymLinks
        AllowOverride FileInfo AuthConfig Limit
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
</Directory>

Neither worked,  when I try to add something like:
<!--#include virtual="static_html_header.html" -->
or
<!--#echo var="DATE_LOCAL" -->

Nothing is ever replaced, I see the same include lines in the source of the page.

Am I just missing something really stupid?

Any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks
-Chris