httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Sander Holthaus - Orange XL" <i...@orangexl.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] mmbodji@umuc.edu
Date Sun, 29 Jun 2003 21:42:05 GMT
This is relatively simple, well, for your average Perl/HTML-coder that is.
If your want to display data which has been previously entered by the user,
you will need to use PERL (server-side) or Javascript (Client-side). Perhaps
it can even be done by SSI and cookies.

I think the exact how is not suitable for this newsgroups (it is not really
an Apache question), but have you tried looking on Google yet? There are
tons of scripts out there that do exactly what you need, most of them free
of charge. Also, you can download all script-samples from O'Reilly books on
their website. I think you'll find something like this in their book
"CGI-Programming".

Kind Regards,
Sander Holthaus

-----Original Message-----
From: Issa Mbodji [mailto:issambodji@yahoo.com]
Sent: zondag 29 juni 2003 21:32
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] mmbodji@umuc.edu

Hello All:

I have an html with a perl script attached to it. What I am trying to do is
this:
-Have a user fill out the survey
-If there is a requried field missing, display the form again with the data
previously entered by the user.

(I do not want to generate the form using perl)

Questions:
1. How to redisplay the form with a perl script (will redirect do it?)
2. How to display it with the data the user already entered.

Thanks.

Mame Issa Mbodji
3201 Weeping Willow Ct # 33
Silver Spring, MD , 20906
Tel. (301) 603-0847
e-mail: issambodji@yahoo.com

  _____

Do you Yahoo!?
SBC
<http://pa.yahoo.com/*http://rd.yahoo.com/evt=1207/*http://promo.yahoo.com/s
bc/> Yahoo! DSL - Now only $29.95 per month!